Your business is eligible to receive no-fee hazardous waste disposal up to four times a year if it is:
1. Located in King County
2. A Small Quantity Generator (SQG), meaning that you do all of the following:
- Produce less than 220 pounds (about 25 gallons) of hazardous waste per month
- Produce less than 2.2 pounds (about a quart) of acutely hazardous waste per month
- Store less than 2,200 pounds (about four 55-gallon drums) of hazardous waste
Please note: This program is for King County businesses that generate less than 220 lbs of hazardous waste monthly and less than 2.2 lbs of certain Extremely Hazardous Wastes, and are Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity of Generators under Washington State Department of Ecology Dangerous Waste Regulations (WAC 173-303).
If your business exceeds the noted limits, you may require special disposal services via a private hazardous waste management firm. We can help! Call us at 206-296-4692.
You must complete a Business Disposal Form prior to drop-off. Print two copies and bring them with you to the designated drop-off location.
Additional requirements to dispose at a Haz Waste Program collection site:
- Businesses are allowed a maximum of 220 pounds (about 25 gallons) of hazardous waste per visit. Businesses are allowed a maximum four visits per year.
- Containers must be 5 gallons or less and weigh less than 60 pounds each.
- Batteries are limited to a maximum of 50 pounds. Businesses must sort batteries by type and secure (tape) the terminals.
- No unlabeled or unknown waste will be accepted.
- Lab waste must be pre-approved. Email a list of your laboratory chemical (including the chemical names, concentrations, and volumes) to email@example.com for approval.
- Peroxide forming chemicals will not be accepted without a Peroxide-Forming Chemical Evaluation Sheet to ensure that best management practices have been followed. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Questions about disposal requirements? Call 206-296-4692 or e-mail email@example.com.
We reserve the right to refuse any waste at our collection sites.
Businesses that commonly generate hazardous waste include:
- Auto repair shops and mechanics
- Dry cleaners
- Property management, cleaning, and maintenance companies
- Construction and specialty contractors
- Retail facilities
- Health care facilities and dentists
- Educational facilities
- Landscapers and yard care businesses
- Nail salons
Not sure if your business is generating hazardous waste or what to do about it? We can help. Call us at 206-296-4692.
As an eligible King County business, you have access to many resources to safely manage hazardous materials and waste. From disposal to financial incentives, product exchanges to customized recommendations, we can help. All these services are already funded through your utility bill, so they are available at no extra charge.
|Get disposal help||Learn about incentives||Talk to experts|
Sign up for the latest news and information about our services