Businesses that commonly generate hazardous waste include:
- Auto repair shops and mechanics
- Dry cleaners
- Property management, cleaning, and maintenance companies
- Construction and specialty contractors
- Retail facilities
- Health care facilities and dentists
- Educational facilities
- Landscapers and yard care businesses
- Nail salons
Not sure if your business is generating hazardous waste or what to do about it? We can help. Call us at 206-296-4692.
Your business is eligible to receive no-fee hazardous waste disposal up to four times a year if it is:
1. Located in King County
2. A Small Quantity Generator (SQG), meaning that you do all of the following:
- Produce less than 220 pounds (about 25 gallons) of hazardous waste per month
- Produce less than 2.2 pounds (about a quart) of acutely hazardous waste per month
- Store less than 2,200 pounds (about four 55-gallon drums) of hazardous waste
Visit the Department of Ecology's website to learn about requirements for Small Quantity Generators.
If your business exceeds the noted limits, you may require special disposal services via a private hazardous waste management firm. We can help! Call us at 206-296-4692.
As an eligible King County business, you have access to many resources to safely manage hazardous materials and waste. From disposal to financial incentives, product exchanges to customized recommendations, we can help. All these services are already funded through your utility bill, so they are available at no extra charge.
|Get disposal help||Learn about incentives||Talk to experts|
Sign up for the latest news and information about our services