Are you a King County resident 65 or older, or a resident with a disability? If you do not have a vehicle or are otherwise unable to access a hazardous waste collection site, you can call the Haz Waste Help Line to schedule a waste pickup at your home.
When you call, be ready to provide:
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- The types and amounts of waste you have for collection.
A collection date will be scheduled, usually Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please note that there may be a backlog of pickups.
To ensure the health of customers and collection staff, residents will need to follow these COVID-19 protocols:
- Wastes should be sealed and placed upright in boxes. Regular collection limits still apply.
- Place your hazardous waste in a safe place outside the front of your home on the scheduled pick-up date. For multifamily homes (i.e., apartments), place your hazardous waste outside your unit door just prior to staff arrival. Do not put hazardous waste on the curb.
- A staff member will call you when they arrive to pick up your hazardous waste. You will be asked to stay inside your home. A staff member will accept verbal or non-verbal signals (i.e., a nod or wave) to confirm the pickup service.
Call the Haz Waste Help Line at 206-296-4692
Monday–Friday (except holidays) 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Note that the Home Collection staff does not collect other special wastes such as latex paint, tires, electronics, or medications.