The Wastemobile, a mobile hazardous waste drop-off service, kicks off its 2022 season Feb. 25 in Bothell, WA.
Between February and October, the Wastemobile will visit rural and suburban cities in King County. Residents and small businesses can safely drop off their household hazardous waste such as as oil-based paint, batteries, antifreeze, pesticides to the Wastemobile at no cost. Click this link to see the 2022 schedule.
Before you plan your trip, view a full list of accepted items and quantity limits for residents and eligible businesses.
About the Wastemobile:
Created in 1989, the Wastemobile was the first traveling hazardous waste collection program in the nation. It visits rural, suburban, and urban areas in King County to provide more convenient options for safe disposal of hazardous waste. Since first hitting the road, the Wastemobile has collected more than 17,000 tons of hazardous household waste from nearly 500,000 customers.
For everyone's safety, please:
- Do not mix products
- Keep products in their original containers
- Label products that are not in their original containers
- Secure products so they do not spill or leak
- Store products away from the passenger compartment of your vehicle and keep them separate from items you wish to keep
- Stay in your vehicle during unloading at the Wastemobile
Questions about the Wastemobile? Connect with our customer service.