Starting July 23, the Hazardous Waste Management Program's disposal sites will operate on a normal schedule. Our home collection program remains temporarily suspended at this time.
While household waste disposal facilities are open, Hazardous Waste Management Program officials encourage postponing non-essential trips to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If you delay your trip, keep these tips in mind for safely storing household hazardous waste at home:
- Keep hazardous products away from children and pets.
- Keep hazardous products away from food items.
- Keep hazardous products in original containers and make sure they have a label.
- Never mix products. Some mixtures produce a poisonous gas.
- Keep hazardous products away from drains.
If you cannot delay your trip, follow these recommendations:
- Wear a mask and keep at least 6 feet of space from others.
- Follow the instructions of the hazardous waste staff at disposal sites.
- Wastemobile customers should stay in their vehicle.
- Don’t visit a disposal location if you or someone in your household is sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
If you have questions or would like to be notified when services resume, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-296-4692.