To slow the spread of COVID-19, hazardous waste disposal facilities in north and south Seattle are temporarily closed until further notice. Our home collection service is also suspended until further notice. The Factoria facility in Bellevue and Wastemobile services, like the year-round Wastemobile in Auburn and mobile events throughout King County, are currently open.
We encourage you to visit a haz waste disposal site only if necessary. If you delay your trip, keep these tips in mind for safely storing household hazardous waste at home:
- Keep hazardous products away from children and pets.
- Keep hazardous products away from food items.
- Keep hazardous products in original containers and make sure they have a label.
- Never mix products. Some mixtures produce a poisonous gas.
- Keep hazardous products away from drains.
Thank you for your patience as we monitor and respond to this rapidly evolving situation. If you have questions or would like to be notified when services resume, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-296-4692.